Old July 28th 17, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Komet Trailer

Hi all,

I have recently taken a significant upgrade in trailers for my Libelle from a cigar tube trailer to a Komet. We adjusted it to go from a Discus to a Libelle and it is so much nicer to rig and de-rig out of. Trailers matter!

I have two questions, if I have to reweld a support bar on the clam shell and a small crack in the area of metal that holds the clam shell down during transport, has anyone had to re-weld some of there Komet, if so please let me know what steps you took.

My final question is what I should do to prevent water and other things from getting in between the clam shell and the trailer door in the back. I was thinking of putting a piece of wood in between unless someone has a better idea? Thanks.

https://ibb.co/j2dhh5 --- Photo of gap in between the clam shell and trailer door needing to be weather sealed.