Old July 1st 05, 08:41 PM
John T

"Corky Scott" wrote in message

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this but there was another ADIZ
incursion Thursday night. Like the C 150, this one too caused
evacuations of the White House and the airplane, a twin, was
intercepted and escorted out of the area.

It was mentioned. I'm waiting on more details, but there were some very
nasty thunderstorms in the area on Wednesday and a couple of stories I saw
mentioned the pilot deviated due to weather. Also, the pilot had already
turned away before the interceptors got there.

I haven't seen a flight track yet nor have I seen evidence they were talking
to ATC. Given the choice between violating the ADIZ/FRZ (perhaps while
making a 180 turn?) or penetrating thunderstorms of even lesser magnitude
than those monsters Wednesday, I'd violate the airspace and take my lumps.
Without seeing the flight track and cross-referencing that with the location
of T-storm cells at the time, I'm willing to give the crew the benefit of
the doubt.

This is a far, far cry from Shaeffer's pitiful navigation.

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/TknoFlyer