Old March 22nd 05, 02:44 PM
F.L. Whiteley

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for the replies.

Australia.

The FAA turned around a faxed request for de-registration in one day.

My local FAA office says the FAA doesn't do Export C of A's for foreign
built aircraft. I suppose the buyer will have to settle for the
original German one or have a condition inspection done on arrival.

Still not sure whether the folks at the port will want to see anything
beyond copies of the bills of sale, titles, and (de-)registrations.

Jonathan

That's one of the misunderstood points about export CofA's, from the US
perspective they are the original's from the country of manufacture and
apply to TC'd gliders, not experimental.

They will want to see the money;^)

OZ, eh? Makes some sense.

One more thing about ro-ro, if that's the routing. They will likely use
cargo straps to secure the trailer, as well as chocking the wheels. If there
are clearly hard points under the trailer skin, you might tape that info
over the hard points. If there are tie down rings, you might also point to
those. Take some pictures of the trailer condition before shipping.

Frank