Old August 12th 04, 01:22 PM

Land softer.

Sorry... couldn't help it... Seriously though, I think most planes of
typical GA vintage have lots of air leaks. If you were sucessful in bending the door
a bit with the blocks, maybe you can do better if you take it off and try it. I don't
know how troublesome that is for a 172, though. If you're just after wind noise and
it still closes OK, you could always band-aid it with thick rubber.

I'm sure Cessna would *love* to sell you a replacement door for a small,
nominal fee.

-Cory

wrote:
: The left door of my Cessna 172 is warped. I've tried the benign
: options of using wooden blocks at appropriate places and applying
: pressure to bend the door. But that didn't get the door back to where
: it has a tight seal at the lower side (opposite hinges). There's still
: about 1/2 inch gap between the door and the frame. Any ideas of what
: else I can try?
: Dale

* Cory Papenfuss *
* Electrical Engineering Ph.D. Graduate Student *