Old December 28th 03, 12:31 PM
Robin Birch

Default Use of Statics

Hi,
I have an Astir CS77, a fine but venerable glass machine. I am
refurbishing the cockpit, panel, and so on.

Having got the panel to bits I am looking at the best way of putting it
all back together. So:

1) I have two static systems, a forward system and a rear one. In the
current configuration these are connected to different instruments. Is
this correct and if so, which instruments should be grouped together on
which static system? Or, should I have all of the static ports (4 in
total, 2 forward and two rear) commoned up?
2) All of the gliders I have flown to date use the cockpit air to drive
the altimeter. In other words the connector on the back of the
instrument has nothing connected to it. Is this ok or is it better to
connect the altimeter to the static system?

Regards

Robin
--
Robin Birch