Old August 16th 04, 05:26 AM
Robey Price

I had written:

And what about the notion that our "lengthy" occupation of Iraq being
seen by muslims as a war against their religion?

To which "Thomas J. Paladino Jr." retorted:

What about it?

OK...clearly you have no qualms about making this a religious war.
Guess you'll let god sort them out, huh?

Please, show me who, BEFORE the war, said that Iraq had no WMD? Even the
most vocal critics of the war believed he had them. If you recall, NOBODY
said not to invade Iraq because there were NO weapons there-- the argument
was that Saddam could be 'contained' and he would only use these weapons if
'provoked'. A far cry from saying that they don't exist.

Scott Ritter...former Marine...weapons inspector.

There was not a single intelligence agency in the world (including the mid
east) that didn't think he had these weapons. Period.

Not according to what I'd read...the consensus was wrong. USAF
Intelligence was cited in published reports (NYT or WP, not FoxNews)
prior to the war as "guessing" the WMD had either been destroyed or
was unserviceable.

It turned out to be bad intelligence. Your post is bull****.

Fair enough, if all you can be is a "yes" man, then yeah it's bull****
'cause you cannot take the time to be a skeptic about the
rationale/excuses for invading...and the unintended consequences.

BTW why aren't you over in the sandbox?

Robey