Old October 8th 05, 08:34 PM
Michelle P

Jose,
I started with eighty gallons of fuel. I was flying at six or eight
thousand feet. Between 75% and 65% power. This puts fuel consumption is
about 11.5 GPH. This gives me seven (6.95) hours endurance. I went six.
With still nearly an hour of fuel left.
Michelle

Jose wrote:

What I was kidding you about is that the tailwind
probably didn't help you get to 6 hours. Maybe helped you go further
in that
time, but as far as I know, the engine doesn't know if it is flying in a
tailwind or a headwind.

Well, the engine can be told what it's flying in. Maybe Michelle
throttled back, allowing the tailwind to carry her the distance while
she got more time.

Jose (boy)