Old May 27th 19, 03:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default FAI-KM on OLC ???

On Monday, May 27, 2019 at 8:29:48 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Thanks Dan, so pre declared, and also have to take the 1000m height like doing record flights. Frequently will declare a course but yesterday we just did a big triangle around the class C, and went through the edge talking to them.

Kevin
92

No problem; it also has to look equilateral, more or less; this, to prevent a 'long thin' triangle on a ridge, with one TP 1 km off. Intent, I believe, is to make everyone on the task have headwind at some point. All triangles qualify, the 30% bonus is for FAI Triangles.

Our club is getting interested in this; one caution, the server gives you BHC result on your daily return (if the task qualifies and you make it). However, if you look at the BHC Champion page, it only shows up later - we see about 48 hrs. It is reliable, within that constraint.