Old September 7th 08, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Lonnie[_3_]

Default Carb heat: my new policy. Any comments

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Lycomings, no problem with your plan at all. Continentals ice a bit more
easily, and on a clear dry day, there won't be a problem either, though
I'd be inclined to leave it on just a bit longer. I'd also get in the
habit of pushing the carb heat in with the throttle if you go around..

Bertie

Your a dumb ass. What next, practicing emergency landings by turning off the
fuel?

If you don't like an engines throttle response with carb heat on, turning
off the carb heat is NOT the solution. There are far too many safe ways to
deal with the issue, other than deviation from the POH.