Old September 8th 08, 03:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gpsman

Default Carb heat: my new policy. Any comments

On Sep 6, 2:40*pm, a wrote:
Best practice without a lot of experimentation is to follow the POH,

I hope I never let my rookie ass become so confident I consider
deviating from the POH based on my own anecdotal experience. Next
thing you know, you're an example of someone who made reasonable
conclusions except for a heretofore unknown exception.

There's a certain risk factor, also, I think, in deviating from one's
training and, I assume in this case, longtime practice.

The OP doesn't mention their typical strip, but I think they would be
best served by adhering to the POH and just aiming a little further
down the runway.
-----

- gpsman