Old November 4th 06, 09:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dudley Henriques

Default How many instruments can I use for VFR?

"A Lieberma" wrote in message
. 18...
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in
:
Hell, all people have to do
is avoid him. You open your reader.....he's there.....you move on to
brighter pastures.

Dudley,

The above is the approach I have been taking just to do my part on
reducing the noise level.

I figure if we collectively "ignore him", then he will go away.

Its a shame really. There's a world of good information on these groups for
someone with a good attitude. For someone as seemingly interested in flight
simmimg as this person is, to lose that to a bad attitude is just plain
tragic.

Those who answer him with useful information HAVE to notice the lack
of
reciprocal appreciation for their time and effort....and this would be
for those he doesn't take on from a "superior knowledge base" after
they answer him :-)
Either he's a outright troll, or the most unappreciative and obnoxious
person I've ever come across on Usenet :-))

The problem is that new comers like Jamie spent 10 minutes of his time
not knowing that Mx is trolling. So, my avenue of contributing will be
to let new comers know he is not a pilot and has no intention of flying a
real plane. And ignore the rest of the noise level. And I will never
directly reply to his postings, that's my commitment :-)

I wouldn't make any extra effort to do that aside from the occasional post
like this one that deals with him in a peripheral manner with a 3rd party.
Its just not worth your time really.

This group just isn't that crass a
bunch of folks. Hell, if anything, most of the real world pilots on
these groups would bend over backwards to help someone who approached
them in a friendly and appreciative manner.

You are absolutely right Dudley. The problem I have is that Mx is taking
simming to a unhealthy level. Asking questions like it's a life and
death situation when it's only a computer game. The way the questions
are presented, one would think he was flying a real plane, and the
answers are given accordingly. If his intent was to progress into the
real world of flight, I'd be first in line to help out, but when he goes
on the pretense it's real world in a sim world, that raised my dander.

Well...as some others have so correctly pointed out, some people only have a
simulator and can't fly for various reasons; but that's no excuse for
someone with this character's attitude
:-)
All these people have to do is approach a group like this one in a friendly
non-confrontational manner and they'll have pilots from students to CFI's
all over them trying to be of some help.
One thing's for sure. If this one's a troll, he's nailed a ton of otherwise
smart people, and if he's not a troll and just someone sincerely interested
in aviation, what he's done here is a tragedy of wasted time...both
his......and the groups'.

Anyway...for whatever the reason......its "been good for my appetite.
I won another "Outback Steak tonight!!!! :-))

Dang, gonna have to watch those weight and balances are you not :-)

Allen

That's the good thing about being retired. I don't have to fit into that
smaltsy flight suit with all the sponsor's patches on it any more. If I
guess what the poster answering him is going to say accurately enough, my
wife has to take me out to dinner. If I miss, I have to pay!! Tonight, its
an Outback Steak for me compliments of my wife and Bob Noel!!! :-)))
Dudley Henriques