Old December 2nd 04, 02:09 PM
FatKat

The Boz wrote:
On 1 Dec 2004 06:34:27 -0800, (rottenberg) wrote:

Your point is well taken - I was unaware of that aspect of FS-ACoF.
Do you have any older versions of FS? How does it compare on
frame-by-frame?

I'm not positive that I understand what you mean, but I'll just take

chance. I've had all but very first version of FS and I'd never go
back to any of them. Obviously, you'd see better frame rates with
something like FS 5.1CD on a modern computer (compared to FS9), but
the loss of the improvements that have been made since FS 5.1CD came
out would make it totally unacceptable. Like many others, I was not
positive that FS9 would really be worth the purchase price, compared
to FS2002 - but once I had installed it and saw what it could do,
there was no way I'd ever go back. And if you are having frame rate
problems and can't afford a better machine (been there - and still
there), you can always crank back your Autogen, Aircraft, Weather,
etc. settings (just to name a few possibilities) until you get
something acceptable.

Jim

Good guess - that's pretty much what I was talking about. I geta good
framerate on my P4 for FS2002, but ACOF runs like a slideshow. I
didn't want to evaluate it too well thinking that nothing I see will
compensate for low-framerate, but will make me realize how much I'm
missing. What kind of system are you running it on?