Old November 20th 12, 04:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Cobra Trailer Screw Jack

On Monday, 30 July 2012 14:27:47 UTC-4, Mike McCarron wrote:
I have a screw jack on my 2012 cobra trailer that becomes very difficult to

operate after every 2 or 3 uses in order to jack up my ASW-27B for

disassembly. The glider is operated in a sandy environment and the screws

become dirty quickly. Anyone have any idea about how to avoid the

necessity for frequent cleaning. I have used hydraulic jacks in the past

but I got tired of them leaking and collapsing.

Thanks,

MC

Hi
The cylinder develop rust because to little use
then it leak.
Clean and polish, it work well for my LS6
S6