Old November 24th 03, 05:06 AM
BTIZ

I have used MS Flight Sim and IFR OnTop programs.. not so much for the
"stick and rudder" IFR cross checks.. but I use them to study / practice
difficult IFR approaches, radio set up, turns and headings... etc.. I set it
up and let the autopilot fly the approach, or I command heading changes..
while working the radio stack and HSI/VOR intercept problems..

my set up does not allow me to "log the time" for currency.. but it does
prepare me for the sessions in the local flight school FRASCA 142 IFR
simulator. That way I get more out of the SIM.

BT

"Charles Talleyrand" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone here use Microsoft Flight Simulator to help them become a
better pilot? I already know it can be used for fun, but does anyone
use it to help them on their IFR landings, or to become familiar with
their Garmin 430, or what not?

Basically, anyone have any Microfost Flight Simulator tips for actual
pilots?