Old October 28th 20, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug B[_2_]

Default The Apology

I just spent more than an hour reading through this thread and I just want to add a couple of observations.

I can understand why the ad was offensive to some women. It's really a no brainer if you put yourself in their shoes.

I can just as well understand why their complaints and the subsequent apology may be offensive to someone holding conservative views, who feels that the freedom of speech is under attack by the woke crowd of overly sensitive liberal snowflakes.

THe common thread here is that people become overly sensitive when they see that their concerns aren't being heard, understood and validated.

I wish that all of us could turn our sensitivities down a notch. It would help smooth things out in the SSA and beyond.

Doug