Old April 9th 05, 12:10 PM
Cub Driver

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 09:52:02 -0500, Ross Richardson
wrote:

I have been a member of AOPA since 1970. I thought this was one of the
times that they didn't belly up to the bar on the 3rd Class each year.
They promote a drivers licence for the sport and rec licenses and in my
state I think it is every 5 or 6 years on a drivers license. And the
argument is that a very small percentage of the accidents are medical
relivent. There should be no limitations on the 3rd class medical.

Now that we're talking about old, bold pilots, New Hampshire requires
a road test at 75 and at each renewal. I don't know how long it's good
for.

I have a friend whose father was n his 90s and had to take the thang
every year. She would drive him over. On the last occasion, when he
was 96, he came out from the office saying: :"Never again!" She
assured him that of course he would be back. He showed her the
license: they had by error renewed it for four (five?) years, so he
would have been over 100 on his next occasion.

(He didn't make it to 100, as it happened.)

-- all the best, Dan Ford

email (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum:
www.warbirdforum.com