Old March 10th 04, 12:55 PM

ArtP wrote:

I suspect that piece of trivia is buried somewhere in a King course.
But if you look at an approach plate labeled RADAR REQUIRED (BWI ILS
28), you will only see that symbol associated with the word "RADAR".
The only time I have seen that symbol not accompanied by the word
"RADAR" is on approaches which are legal with only an NDB or single
VOR. On these the symbol is always associated with an intersection
that would require DME or a second VOR to identify.

I suspect it is some chart makers way of tagging the name to the fix.