Old May 5th 19, 08:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

Default Insurance

On Sunday, May 5, 2019 at 10:53:28 AM UTC-6, wrote:
New glider owner - looking to purchase insurance- companies - cost? Value sailplane + trailer = $32,000

When I owned a Phoebus C, my head hit and broke the canopy when towed through a 20 knot Moriarty thermal. I was insured with LLJohns and the claim was handled quickly and without a hassle. Both LLJohns and Costello are excellent. I ended up with Costello because LLJohns would not insure my RS-15, because it was a home built glider, and Costello would. Premiums are about the same. If you do not fly during the winter months, you can save on premiums with Costello.

Mike