Old February 9th 04, 07:59 PM
Stephen Haley

Chutes are mandatory at my club as well. If you cant meet the weight
placard limits you don't fly - its as simple as that. I have seen several
people turned away. I think most British clubs put a limit on dual trial
flights of 16 stone for the front seat. It helps that we dont allow our AEI
pilots to eat for a week beforehand G

I am surprised that in such a litigious country as the US any club would
even consider it.

Stephen Haley

"Bill Daniels" wrote in message

"John Galloway" wrote in message
I don't understand why wearing chutes should be problematical
in the States and not in the UK where they are almost
universally worn. I wouldn't ever fly a glider without
a chute I had complete confidence in and, as far as
I can recall, I haven't seen anyone get in a glider
without a chute for years.

John Galloway

So, John, how do you handle the weight issue in a situation where the
occupants + 'chutes will be over the allowable gross weight for the

glider?
Do you send the overweight passenger/student home or do you fly over

weight?

I don't like flying without 'chutes, but I'm also nervous about flying

over
weight.

Bill Daniels