Old March 5th 06, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Have You Given a Stranger a Ride?

Jay Honeck wrote:
Yet, I've never done it, for a myriad of reasons -- and I don't know
anyone who has.

Have you? If not, why not?

Because few acts of kindness go unpunished...

Seriously, in these days and ages (litiguous times, post 9/11
paranoia, etc.) it sounds less and less like a good idea;

However, within a well organized framework, e.g., Young Eagles,
Angel Flights, CAP Cadets rides, etc., why not?

I did take a few kids up as YE -- not as many as I would have
wished, but one's aviation budget is not unlimited. I also
invited the occasional colleague or neighbor, but they were not
complete strangers.

--Sylvain