Old March 6th 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Have You Given a Stranger a Ride?

Yes. The majority of my "stranger flights" have occurred as both Angel
Flights and local charity fundraiser flights. Off the top of my head
(logbook has the details) I have flown about 85 strangers to date.

Good for you!

I'm ashamed to admit that I have only done Young Eagle flights a couple of
times, and I've never given a "fence sitter" a ride. It always seems that
we spot them while taxiing *in* from a flight (rather than on the way out),
or we've got all four seats full, or we're in a hurry to get somewhere.

All good reasons, but I'm determined to work around this, somehow. If we
want GA to grow and prosper, we've got to plant the seed.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA