Old October 2nd 07, 07:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Jack Linthicum

Default Seaplane Resurgence? Pinging Eugene and jack

On Oct 2, 1:52 pm, (Eugene Griessel) wrote:
"TMOliver" wrote:
I note that the poor deluded and apparently deranged woman who died -
strangled in an attempt to get out of the irons - while cuffed and shackled
at Sky Harbor, the Phoenix Airport, was the daughter of a retired SA Navy
CDR.

Nope - never knew a Cmdr Henry Stiger. Cannot find him on the Navy
list during the time I was in the service or the press has the name
wrong. Supposed to have been OC diving school. Rings no bells,
unfortunately.

Eugene L Griessel

Communication - the art of transferring thought from one brain
to another successfully.

- I usually post only from Sci.Military.Naval -

Some confusion on my part. This is a New York Times article on the
wedding of Carole Anne Stiger and Noah Eliot Gotbaum says she was
going to retain her Stiger name. Also the Johannesburg Star says it
has no reference to Stiger.

WEDDINGS; Noah E. Gotbaum, Carol A. Stiger

Published: June 11, 1995

Carol Anne Stiger, a daughter of Comdr. and Mrs. Henry B. Stiger of
Cape Town, was married last evening in Manhattan to Noah Eliot
Gotbaum, the son of Victor Gotbaum of Brooklyn and Dr. Sarah C.
Gotbaum of Chevy Chase, Md. Rabbi Charles Lippman performed the
ceremony at the Loeb Boathouse in Central Park.

Ms. Stiger, 33, is keeping her name. She is a senior buyer in London
for the House of Frasier, a department store company. She received an
M.B.A. from the University of Wi****ersrand in Johannesburg. Her
father retired as the commander of the South African Navy Diving
School in Simonstown. The bride's previous marriage ended in divorce.

Mr. Gotbaum, 35, is a director of the Central Europe Trust Company, a
consulting and investment firm in London. He graduated from Amherst
College and received a master's degree in public policy management
from Yale University.

His mother is a public affairs and health-policy consultant in
Washington. His father, the former executive director of District
Council 37 of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal
Employees, is an author and consultant in New York. The bridegroom's
stepmother, Betsy Gotbaum, is the executive director of the New-York
Historical Society.