Old April 13th 05, 10:04 PM
Michael

And then when someone prangs it, guess who gets sued.

Now we're at the heart of the matter. It's FUD.

Let me ask you, how much time do you have behind a glass panel?

I have about 5 hours in all-glass (the late-model Cirrus) and about
another 20 hours in planes without a glass PFD but lots with advanced
avionics (430/430, 430/530, and 430/MX20 stacks with traffic and
weather integrated). Maybe a quarter of that is actual IMC. And
really it took about 20 minutes to figure it out. On my first flight
in the Cirrus, I had to bail out the pilot flying it when he blew the
approach, and I found it to be no big deal. But then I have 100+ hours
actual IMC on steam gauges.

Now let me ask you - how much actual IMC do you have on steam gauges?

Michael