Old July 11th 03, 04:00 AM
Mike Rapoport

Actually, since 11% of the people are paying over 65% of the taxes, the
"general populace" isn's paying for the aviation infrastructure, they aren't
paying for much of anything. I don't object to user fees on principal, I
object to user fees AND high income taxes. I agree with the article that we
could very well have additionaly fees in the US.

Mike
MU-2

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
news

Business & Commercial Aviation

.. Because traditions tend to linger and vested interests will
work vigorously to protect them, U.S. aircraft operators fly within a
national aviation system that is largely paid for by the general
populace, the logic being that the citizenry benefits directly (as
passengers, shippers or suppliers) or indirectly (as consumers) from
the national aviation system.