Old January 19th 05, 01:02 AM
Morgans

"Bruce A. Frank" wrote in message Jim,

The suggestion of how to fabricate an inexpensive fresh air mask is a
good one, but don't be afraid of single or twin cartridge respirator
masks.

I'm not afraid of resirators, and only use fresh air systems when using the
nasty stuff, like the two part urethanes.

The one disadvantage I find with the fresh air mask is having to deal
with the hose following me around as I duck and bend to shoot paint on
all the parts.

I solved this problem by attatching the hose to my belt, mostly around my
backside. It wasn't much in the way, like that.

I improved my home made system by using small tube from my
compressor, 1/4", at 90 psi to an adjustable valve attached to my belt.

From what I have read, that is a very risky thing to do. The air from a
standard air compressor has oil vapors, and things in it that you should NOT
be breathing.

At very least, I would send the air compressor air through a organic
cartridge, before breathing it.

Epoxies an solvent based paints are completely
filtered by the charcoal type organic filter cartridges.

Yep.

Good to see you back in the funny papers. How is your project going?
--
Jim in NC