Old October 31st 05, 01:28 AM
CTR

Default Info on Tilt- Rototrs Needed

Nick,

Been traveling. Hope the following is informative.

BA609 USCG Configuration:
Maximum Takeoff Weight. 16,800 lbs VTOL {18,000 lbs STOL}
Useful Load. 5,500 lbs VTOL (6,500 lbs STOL)
Empty Weight. 11,300 lbs

Fuel Capacity. 2,480 lbs Standard Internal
1,500 lbs Additional auxiliary Internal/External
3,980 lbs maximum usable fuel

Maximum Range (nm). 708 nm Std. Internal @ISA
Payload minus Internal Fuel. 3,020 lbs VTOL (4,020 lbs STOL)

Maximum Range (nm). 1089 nm Std. + Aux. Fuel @ISA
Payload minus Int/ExtFuel. 1,520 lbs VTOL (2,520 lbs STOL)

With effort all of the above information can be found on the internet.

In regards to comparing an FAA CAT A certified aircraft to a military
aircraft, the point is that it is not a fair comparison (as stated in
my first postings). If it was, Sikorsky would have FAA certified the
H-60 instead of selling the S-76.

I have no bias toward tiltrotors, helicopters or fixed wing aircraft
(having worked on all three). Each has their own nitch in the market
place. Not being a pilot like yourself, I have only flown simulators
for these aircraft. But the tiltrotor (in my unprofessional opinion)
combined many of the best handling qualities of both helicopter and
fixed wing aircraft. I hope, if you have not had the opportunity
already, that you get a chance to pilot either a BA609 or V-22
simulator.

Take care,

CTR