Old March 8th 04, 10:27 PM
John R. Copeland

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message =
ink.net...
=20
I recall working with a former Denver Center controller nearly twenty =

years
ago who described working a sector with multiple transceiver sites =

using the
same frequency. He had to select which site to use depending on the
location of the aircraft.
=20
=20

I've run into that with Centers covering mountainous areas, too.
The first time, I thought I was losing coverage because I could barely
hear the controller talking to other aircraft on the frequency.
When I asked if he could copy me, he replied loud and clear to my area,
and explained what I'd just experienced was exactly as Steven described.

I wouldn't try to guess whether Phoenix Tracon might have a similar =
setup.
---JRC---