Old January 3rd 13, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Default Use of 'Back up' camera with glider trailer

On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 10:54:52 PM UTC-5, Eric Greenwell wrote:

What's the link? I'm somewhat interested.

I recently shopped this tech as a favor to a friend and I post below my results. I've not actually held these components in my hands and I've not gotten feedback from the friend. My selection is based on reviews. One thing that I learned is to buy your cameras and screen separately for best price and quality. The package deals are overpriced and haphazardly put together.. Quality is not proportional to price. The other general impression is that these things are so cheap now that you should anticipate them failing. Also read that the wireless cameras are prone to weak signal and interference. There are a few "review sites" that also sell the same cameras that they rank (conflict of interest). Seems like Consumer Reports must have reviewed these things but I did not get that far. The stated 'angle of view' are often erroneous.

Waterproof Car Rear Vehicle Backup View Camera High-definition Cmos
170 Degree Viewing Angle E363

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A2KUZVNQ9LP7N9

7 inch TFT Color LCD Car Rear View Camera Monitor Support Rotating The
Screen and 2 AV Inputs. Push button to switch cameras.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=A7XHMWMCZ9EID

This includes a dash mount for the screen.

My next question of course is "Has anyone put a backup camera in their glider?"