Old November 7th 06, 08:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_3_]

Default hangar doors

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
news
You do, however, have to inspect the cables regularly to make sure that
they are not fraying. Racing driver Mark Martin almost lost his Citation
when the cables broke just after he had wheeled the jet into his hangar.

In a previous hangar, one of the cables came loose and the door dropped...
Jumped the track and swung inwards... I had my boat parked in from of my
wing and I was crossing behind the boat... It pushed the boat backwards and
the swim platform pinned me against the wall... When they fall, they make a
pretty damn loud sound though... I've decided that if I ever build my own
hangar, I'm going to go with the sliding multi-fold fiberglass panel doors
instead... They are light enough that you don't need a motorized opener, so
they're perfect if you ever lose power and still want to go flying...
They're translucent, so they let a lot of light in also...