Old May 12th 08, 02:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Mark Hickey

Default A Camcorder for Homebuilders

" wrote:

Samsung SC-MX10-XAA. Type that into Google, they'll show you a
picture of it. But it is smaller than it looks -- it's about the size
of a small Russet potato... about 5" long by 2.5" in diameter.

Street price is about $180 (as of May 2008)

snip

I've found this little video camera to be a very useful tool. I've a
hunch some of you will too.

Nice camera for the money. But if you want something REALLY small and
light, check out the Sanyo Xacti series camcorders. The thing is
smaller than my PDA (a lot smaller, actually), and slips into a shirt
pocket easily (since it's also smaller than a pack of cigarettes).

It also uses a chip and produces MP4 movies (and JPG images with a 6
megapixel camera). The form factor makes it easier to point and shoot
than a "brick" camcorder.

http://www.shopcartusa.com/P_Sanyo_X...PC-CG6_VPCCG6/

Costs a little more than the Samsung (though a whole lot less than I
paid for mine a couple years ago), but the ability to slip it into a
pocket or wear it like a pager/cellphone is invaluable.

YMMV.

Mark "Hollywood" Hickey