View Single Post
Old January 29th 21, 06:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Expat Retirement with soaring?

On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 9:58:47 PM UTC-5, Rakel wrote:
And don't forget, there is some guy promoting Vero Beach, Florida. There are parts of Florida that are economical, safe and has other things to do.

Yes Rakel, Vero Beach is a great place to retire, but year around soaring is so so. The fall and spring brings good soaring weather and at times the summer can be very interesting if you get up early and scoot home to avoid the thunderstorms. I guess the best retirement would be on the 3 or 4 month plan that one could travel to three or four great spots and reside there through the soaring season. Australia, the Western part near Perth, Argentina, South of Buenos Aires, Somewhere out west in the US, probably NM or UT. Rounding out the year in Vero Beach would be the icing on the cake. My honorable mention sites would be Spain, somewhere near Zaragoza, Africa, only the South, and NZ. I spent a lot of time in Spain, working there and I would often look at the sky and wish I had my sailplane there to enjoy those beautiful cloud streets. Well, I guess I better get to sleep so I can dream some more , although I must get up again at 5.30 so I can get online and once again try to get an appointment for a COVID shot, I think I have a better chance of winning Powerball !