Old February 4th 21, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jeff Bures

Default Expat Retirement with soaring?

Thanks everyone for all the great ideas. Part of the reason to go abroad is to enable early retirement. Some of the above suggestions are great, others probably wouldn't help the early retirement.

I've thought about the idea of spending winters in the Caribbean (Scuba Diving), and the summers in an RV towing a glider around the USA. I think this might be a great plan for the first 5-8 years of retirement, but the older one gets the harder it is to be a snowbird.

Keep the ideas coming!