Old March 7th 21, 11:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Douglas Richardson

Default The decline of gliding - a worldwide issue?

Good morning,

My name is Douglas and I am a glider pilot here in the UK.

I would like to start a friendly discussion about the decline of gliding and whether this is an issue outside of the UK.

Within the UK gliding has been in decline for decades and according to discussion on gliderpilot.net this is down to a few key issues, which I may go into later in the thread if required.

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts on this.

Douglas