Old November 3rd 04, 11:04 PM
Rich S.

"Bill Daniels" wrote in message
news:Kjdid.351704$MQ5.71307@attbi_s52...

An old gent I know who has been flying longer than anybody offered the
observation that the reason that old airplanes don't fly as fast as new
ones
is that the needle return springs on tachometers and manifold pressure
gauges get weak with age causing the instrument to over-indicate. If
pilots
keep setting power at the same gauge indications the airplane will indeed
fly slower as it ages. Re-calibrating the gauges restores the youthful
vigor.

If only that worked for me.

You mean that what I got is catching - and my tach come down with it? Oh,
Lordy.

Actually the tach started acting up all of a sudden, where my body took
years to reach its present state of weakness.

Rich "Need some vigor-ah" S.