Old March 11th 07, 08:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Paul Tomblin

Default What happened to the ftp site weather.noaa.gov?

In a previous article, Hamish Reid said:
In article ,
(Paul Tomblin) wrote:
from my Treo. I just noticed that it's been broken since late January
because it's unable to ftp to weather.noaa.gov. Does anybody know if that

Paul -- if you go to http://weather.noaa.gov, you'll see a little
messaget taht says something like anon ftp no longer supported, please
ftp to tgftp.nws.noaa.gov...

Duh, why didn't I think of that? I blame the airsickness - I was out
practicing stalls and steep turns for my BFR and I had to do it above a
cloud layer so I didn't have a good horizon.

Thanks, Hamish.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
Remember, "close" counts in horse-shoes, hand-grenades and nuclear warfare;