Old March 6th 18, 12:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Larry Ruggiero

Default Pawnee air-oil bear strut pressure

Yes I know they’re problematic. Just returned our PA 25-235 from its annual, where one of ours was rebuilt (locked solid) and both serviced. Like I assume many of yours are, our Pawnee has no hopper and will never see gross weight again. So should the air side of the struts still be 575psi per the book? Noticed neither strut budged a bit during taxi and it landed pretty stiff. Plus the gear is now spread wide compared to “normal.” Called our IA and got a virtual shoulder shrug. Thoughts?

Larry Ruggiero, pilot/A&P
Carolina Soaring