Old March 6th 18, 07:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Larry Ruggiero

Default Pawnee air-oil gear strut pressure

Thanks Dan, I will look into this mod. Our gear’s pivot bolts have been replaced in the past few years, but I totally agree redundancy is good.. At least one operator has shared with me a story of her experience with that bolt failing— scary. Right now I need to get its gear unsplayed and softened back up. The POH was written to accommodate a full-up gross weight ag plane, which ours will never be again. Unless greater wisdom appears here, I will start by reducing air pressure in modest increments and see what happens.

Larry