Old March 6th 18, 07:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Larry Ruggiero

Default Pawnee air-oil gear strut pressure

More than the recommended 575psi? Knowing that these struts are back-asswards in function, maybe I shouldn't be surprised. The hydraulic side of it isn't compressible but the air is. Might it also mean some of the hydro has to come out as well? Since the IA and I had a big disagreement about its towhook, and since it was suggested I take our business elsewhere, I ain't going back. Second annual in a row where he left me with more crap to deal with than it had when dropped off, and all I get is shoulder shrugs and BS about it being an old airplane when I complain. Yet his business flourishes. ****es me off...

Anyhow, wish I had looked more closely at it when he had it torn apart on the bench so I could wrap my head around its function. The service manual's really no help.

Larry