Old March 6th 18, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Pawnee air-oil bear strut pressure

That may be worthwhile on this and other models (no, I'm not a A&P....).
I believe, due to other gear failures on a Cub and a Pawnee, the routine is to just replace some major gear bolts every few years.
Can't really check them every day, history has shown they wear out over time. When they wear out, broken bolt, then gear collapse follows right after.
On both of our normal towplanes, we have droop tips. This means we get a "wee bit more clearance" before a prop strike.
No, not perfect.
Yes, may be quite a bit cheaper.