Old September 8th 03, 08:55 PM
Lou Ramsay

I hate to give you bad news but I think you'll find that silhouttes
and other replicas of predatory birds have very limited use. Birds
(and most wildlife) become habituated to these distractions, sometimes
quite quickly. These methods can work to some extent but they work
best when the devices are continually changed in some way or moved. A
mix of things will probably work best. This might be streamers,
balloons, plastic owls, etc but unless they're changed they will not
work for long. Your best bet is to modify their access or somehow
change the space so it is no longer as attractive (habitat
modification is the technical term) to the birds. This can be very
difficult and expensive if not downright impossible. Maybe you should
develop a taste for squab. Good luck.

Avitrol is an outfit that specializes in bird control
on
farms (crows) and at airports (seagulls). They had a
formula for starlings; just might have one for
pigeons.

They had some phenomenal results at the San Francisco
Airport with seagulls a number of years ago.

I just checked with Switchboard and this is the info
they have so Avitrol must still be in business.

Avitrol Corporation
7644 E 46th St
Tulsa, OK 74145-6304
Phone: (918) 622-7763