Old September 10th 03, 12:38 AM
Margy Natalie

We use a 'Bird Scare' which is a yellow beach ball with mylar "eyes". The
movement and the eyes twinkling scares bejeebers out of the birds. I
modified that for home use (and deer) and hung CD's all over the place.
I've reduced my foliage loss by 95% and I can assure you those CDs
twinkling in the woods late at night scare the bejeebers out of me, until
I remember that's where I put a CD. Looks like the eye of a mountain lion
and we did have one not too far from here a number of years ago.

Margy

David Naugler wrote:

Hi,

I hope this isn't too far off topic in this news group. I did a Google
search which said that the topic of bird control came up often in this
news group. Please direct me to a better news group if necessary.

I am bothered by misbehaving pigeons that defecate all over my
apartment balcony as soon as I turn my back. As soon as I put a new
object out on the balcony the little rascals go out of their way to
defecate upon my belongings. I think they do it out of a sense of
revenge because I shout at them.

I've seen a solution to this problem. I've seen some people mount a
black silhouette of a blackhawk (or some sort of predatory bird) in a
window to scare away pigeons. Can some one please point me towards a
graphic that I can print out, cut and paste upon my window? It only
needs to be scary to pigeons. Thanks in advance.

dgn