Old August 17th 07, 06:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dingo[_2_]

Default IDs Please [solved]

While thanking all for your comments, I've sussed the answer to my query.
The a/c in question is DC 6 reg G-APSA belonging to Air Atlantique/
Atlantic Airlines based out of Coventry, UK.

More info (and better photos)
@
http://www.ruudleeuw.com/dc6.htm
http://www.ruudleeuw.com/others-robson.htm
~~
Dingo
~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dingo" wrote in message

....... or perhaps, confirmation.

Apart from C-130s, I rarely see/hear any other 4 prop a/c here in
N.Suffolk
so dashed outside yesterday at the sound of something which obviously
wasn't
a Hercules and saw the attached. It wasn't that close and the photo shows
more than I saw by eye.

First thought it was a DC 7 .... but I haven't seen/heard one of those in
probably 50 years. But even so, and given the state of my memory, DC7s etc
didn't have this sort of engine sound. I can only say that some of our
local
tractors sound sweeter than this kite which I think was an Ilyushin IL 18.

Is I right or is I wrong ? ...... and whilst I'm here can any of you chaps
put an ID on the other a/c here ? Sent to me by a friend who thinks it
might
be Italian. I'm not so sure, but ..........

Many thanks,
~~
Dingo ;-)