Old April 1st 19, 02:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Avare

Slightly off topic: my glider is equipped with Trig adsb-out and I have been searching for an adsb-in traffic display. The best solution I've found is a Scout adsb-in ($200) which links via wifi to Foreflight on my iphone. I need Foreflight anyway for other flying, and have an iphone, so don't count those as a cost. I would prefer to install one of the beautiful Flarm traffic displays in my panel, but they don't accept anything except proprietary Flarm data. I wonder why they are so restrictive. I suspect the Flarm people are intentionally being obstructive, to deter adoption of adsb and encourage purchase of Flarm.