Old April 1st 19, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default Avare

On Sunday, March 31, 2019 at 6:25:08 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Slightly off topic: my glider is equipped with Trig adsb-out and I have been searching for an adsb-in traffic display. The best solution I've found is a Scout adsb-in ($200) which links via wifi to Foreflight on my iphone. I need Foreflight anyway for other flying, and have an iphone, so don't count those as a cost. I would prefer to install one of the beautiful Flarm traffic displays in my panel, but they don't accept anything except proprietary Flarm data. I wonder why they are so restrictive. I suspect the Flarm people are intentionally being obstructive, to deter adoption of adsb and encourage purchase of Flarm.

Oh yes conspiracy theories. And if you read other recent threads here you'll hopefully see it's not quite that simple.

Foreflight is great, there are no-end of choices of ADS-B In receivers. Starting with uAvionix Sentry, Appareo Stratus, or Stratux if you are technical and want to play with stuff.

If you install a dual-link ADS-B receiver (which you should) make sure the TT22 is set to transmit both the 1090ES In and UAT In capability codes.