Old October 11th 05, 11:49 PM
George Vranek

Nick,
I am sorry for my statement "The diskrotor will...." You know, my mother
speech is czech and not english, therefore...
A balsa model with disk dia 10" (254 mm), 1/10" (2.5 mm) thick, with C.G.
exact in the center of the disk and with the horizontal tail at + 2
deg.relative to the disk plane, flown stable and stright with a glide ratio
of ca. 1 : 3.
I have got the Diskrotor idea in July 1993 after reading the page No. 62 at
the World Aerospace Technology 91, where Mr. Evan Fradenbourg describes a
High speed stowed rotor design aircraft. I have sent him a letter with a
description of my idea and he answered, that he is no longer associated with
Sikorsky Aircraft and that "...they are conducting research on advanced
tiltrotor aicraft, not stowed rotor concepts. Therefore I doubt that they
would be interested in the diskrotor idea..." If you want, I could scan both
documents and sed them on .

George

"NickL" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
oups.com...
George,
The only disagreement I have with your posts is the statement of
futurity that pervades your thinking, as in "The diskrotor will...."

Don't take this the wrong way, but nothing "will" until it "has" and
not even a model of the diskrotor "has" flown. The technical hurdles in
making a rotor that operates in a wide variety of speeds, rotational
rates and maneuver states is a very challenging undertaking.

When do you think you will fly something, even a part-scale model?

Nick

George Vranek wrote:
Hello Helowriter,

The machine on the
www.vtol.org is a tiltrotor! Remember, the tiltrotors
have not optimal rotors for howering and not optimal props for crusing.
Therefore they are the wrong way to make a helicopter flying fast. The

V-22,
which is a result of 50 (five, zero) years of development, carries half

as
much, just so far, at twice the cost of an equivalent conventional
helicopter and is only 50 % faster!!! The diskrotor helicopter shown at
www.diskrotor.com equipped with two F-119 engines will take off, hower,
autorotate and land as a convetional helicopter and cruise supersonic as

the
Concorde did!!!

George

"Helowriter" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ups.com...
This will fix the entire problem.

http://www.vtol.org/issues.html#mono

Of course, I don't think I'd like to ride in it, or under it, or
whatever you do with it.

Frank