Old July 23rd 08, 04:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default How do weather services get sky conditions above the surface?

buttman wrote in
:

On Jul 23, 9:20*am, Gig 601Xl Builder
wrote:
Rocky Stevens wrote:
On Jul 23, 10:05 am, "Steven P. McNicoll"
On Jul 23, 9:37 am, Mxsmanic wrote:
It's easy enough to establish measurement stations on the
surface to measure wind, temperature, visibility, etc., but what
is the normal way for meteorologists to measure these things
aloft? Do they depend on PIREPs, or expendable/recoverable
probes and balloons, or satellites, or what?
This is one of your poorest troll attempts, Anthony, you are a
disappointment. Please try to do better.
Do you folks that continue to respond to Mxsmanic, Bertie,
Maxwell, an

d the
other trolls realize that if you had simply ignored them this
would st

ill be
a useful forum?

It would also be a useful forum if people actually answered the
questions posed, regardless of *who* is asking it. The OP's
question is perefectly valid, and x number of years from now when
somebody Google's for the answer and gets this thread, all they
will see for an answer are insults. There is nothing more
frustrating than Googling for an anwer to something only to find
the response was "why don't you Google for it". If you have the
time to post such a response, you have the time to answer the
question.

You must be new here. Somebody will answer Anthony's question and
then he will tell them they are wrong and say he has studied the
issue in depth and that just because the person that answered the
question is a pilot does not mean that they know anything about
weather or how the information is collected.

And to top it all off the fact that I have posted the above in no way
lowers the chances of Anthony doing exactly what I've said he would
do.

oh god shut up. I've been frankly answering his questions for a while
now and I've yet to see him respond to me in that manner, or to other
people in that manner either. If it bothers you so much why don't you
just not read this place anymore? There are tons of people that post
here that I don't like. I cope with it by *gasp* ignoring them. Its
not as hard as it sounds.

Yeah, right. I believe you. Millions wouldn't but I do.

Bertie