Old November 14th 03, 05:23 AM
Big John

Let me start over.

My condolences to the family of the pilot. It is difficult to properly
express ones feelings to the family of pilots who lose their lives in
aircraft accidents (especially homebuilts).

I'm glad it was not Juan as I hold no personal animosities against him
even though I many times don't agree with what he says and his
actions. His loss would leave a big hole in the r.a.h. comunity and I
have heard him say a few things on the + side when he is not fighting
with Chuck.

I did look close to make sure it wss not his plane which I consider to
only be a normal thing after he has posted so much about this BD5 and
that he is going to fly it.

No one has posted a follow up with the name of the BD5 pilot, and
details of the accident (1000 ft short on final). You don't see many
BD5 accidents but there are not a lot flying so statically the
accident rate is probably pretty high vs other homebuilts with a lot
completed and flying?

Since Juan is active in the BD5 comunity, he may come on and give us
the details of this accident if no one else does?.

All fly safe.

Big John

Now, does that make everyone happy?

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 08:57:19 -0600, Big John
wrote:

NTBS posted today fatal BD5B crash in Traverse City, MI on 1 November.

Looked close as thought it might have been Juan trying to fly his bird
but was a 'B' not a 'J'.

No info on engine, first flight or ?????

Big John