Old September 11th 06, 01:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default NATCA Going Down in Flames

What question did I ask that doesn't address the original point you raised?

I expect you will ignore that question.

Right you are! :-)

I know I can be replaced tomorrow by someone younger, stronger, and cheaper,
but I cannot be replaced by anyone smarter.

Viper: "That's pretty arrogant, considering the company you're in.
I *like* that in a pilot."

;-)

Privatization doesn't require any changes in how ATC is paid for.

Now that is an interesting point. Most promoters of privatizing ATC
are also in favor of additional user fees. Although you are correct in
stating that ATC could be privatized without changing the funding
structure, I haven't seen much discussion of it being done that way.

What do you think of this as a possibility?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA