Old July 7th 10, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
betwys1

Default How to Avoid Being Grounded.

I pulled my plane over to the wash stand to lose the fly squash this
evening.
It was a little harder than I expected, to pull the 20 yards or so.
So I used a gas bottle to fill the tires, and put the bottle in the
cockpit while I pulled it back to the hangar.

That's when I noticed the problem.
No Registration card. I know it had slipped out of its aluminum
mounting clip once or twice. But now it was gone.

It is a 'Required for Flight' item, as you know.
Registration, Airworthiness, POH - accessible or on view.
A pilot certificate and medical in your wallet.

So I started worrying about how long the FAA would take to respond with
a temporary letter.

Then I looked at my flight bag in the car. There it was. Where I had
placed it when it slipped out of its holder.
That's when I decided to get sensible, and find a more secure holder
on the cabin side wall. My wife came up with a plastic-adhesive-back,
see-through-front envelope such as you place on parcels.

That won't come loose any time soon. But the registration can be
pulled for examination, if necessary.

Thank Goodness!

Brian W