Old January 26th 05, 04:20 AM
Peter R.

A Lieberman ) wrote:

Looking at the approach, the IAF is CAESA. Outside the 10 NM ring, it says
2000 no PT, so, I would take it that no procedure turn is authorized, yet,
I see the procedure turn barbs just inside the 10 NM ring. Am I reading
this correctly that no procedure turns for the ILS is authorized outside
this 10NM ring, and if I was to do a full procedure approach that it must
be inside the the 10 NM ring??? Or what am I missing?

I am looking at the chart and seeing that there is another IAF at the
LOM (BAYOU). If you were coming from the southwest/southeast,
presumably you would use this IAF and hence, fly the localizer outbound
and execute the PT.

http://www.myairplane.com/databases/.../00576IL14.PDF

If you were coming from the north, you would fly to the CAESA IAF,
intercept the localizer at 2000 and fly inbound, not PT needed.

--
Peter